VP of Product
VP of Product
Monday, January 9, 2023
PLANOLY is looking for a Vice President, Product to join a rapidly growing startup and work on an application that brands, creators and marketing firms are using every day. You will have the opportunity to take a critical role on our product team, and have a huge impact on the PLANOLY applications, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Passion for social products and building great software is a must.
We are a small, fast-paced startup that is on a mission to help businesses and individuals simplify social marketing. You will be a key member of our executive team, leading our product evolution to keep PLANOLY a front-runner in the martech market. This role is perfect for someone who has worked on modernizing legacy products, has experience with change management and implementing new processes at new phases in company growth, has a strong technical background, and is great at getting into the details but also seeing the big picture. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, extremely detail oriented, has great communication skills, cares deeply about creating alignment and buy-in, loves customer experience, and is eager to embrace the challenge and opportunity that exists during this period of growth at PLANOLY. This role will report directly to the President.
What you’ll do:
Own the product vision
- Create strategic alignment in PLANOLY across all teams and departments.
- Know where we are going and how we will get there to maintain our competitive advantage in the larger Social Media and Martech markets
- Build deep empathy for our customers through research and deep relationships with our support team to ensure the voice of the customer is reflected in product decision making
- Solidify the 3-5 year vision and implement a clear plan to make progress towards those goals - increasing collaboration and creating buy-in.
- Become a thought leader on the future of our markets.
- Keep our product roadmap up-to-date and clearly communicate changes to all employees.
Implement strategy & create scalable processes
- Drive product management excellence, ensuring processes are scalable as we grow and iterating as needed.
- Support cohesive product management processes to drive alignment across all departments, ensuring synchronicity with agile development processes
- Enable high engineering velocity and purposeful design practices.
- Align organization around measurable goals and implement or iterate on prioritization processes to achieve results.
- Allocate resources efficiently to achieve identified goals.
- Balance long term vision execution with short term needs and reacting to social platform updates.
- Support building strong, ongoing relationships with social platforms and ensure strict compliance with policies (Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.)
Strong leader & culture champion
- Lead the product organization, coaching and mentoring 6 team members across product management, UX/UI design, and data analysis
- Act as a communication champion, creating buy-in across departments
- Remove information silos and facilitate strong cross functional collaboration.
- Communicate product vision, requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases to other stakeholders.
- Build excitement around ongoing initiatives and strategies.
- Keep a pulse on the culture, ensuring key employee turnover is low.
- Support the broader leadership team in managing critical issues, jumping in when needed.
Ecosystem & Social pod input
- Partner with our sister brands, Loomly and Sendible, to ensure we are widening our market coverage vs. competing over the same customers.
- Collaborate across departments and brands, representing our vision in meetings and cross-brand projects.
- Work closely across our holding company — Traject — and its 7 other product teams to execute on the company’s ecosystem vision.
What you’ll bring:
Skills & experience:
- Proven results, ideally in a high-growth SaaS environment or social media company
- 4+ years of product leadership experience
- Understanding of UI/UX approaches and strategies.
- Experience across both web and mobile technologies
- Track record of successfully defining, implementing, and evolving product development strategies and processes
- Experience with agile development processes
- Highly customer focused and experience with user personas
- Product ownership and vision experience, not just feature execution
- Technical background (some development experience preferred)
- Strong alignment with the Sendible values: Curiosity, Authenticity, Reliability, Empowerment, and Simplicity
- Have the ball: Crave ownership and deliver on promises
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership: Be a leader and collaborator that people respect and are excited to follow and learn from
- Collaborative: Strong collaborator, presenter, and ability to drive alignment with a low ego
- Analytical: Finds meaning and action in numbers, and is a pragmatic, data-driven decision-maker
- Resourceful: Figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Excellent communicator: Written and oral
- Organized: Stellar time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented: Think strategically, but willing to get into the weeds and fix issues
- Flexible: Willing to recognize when something needs to change and the original plan isn’t working
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards: Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
Who We Are:
PLANOLY is the industry-leading social marketing platform trusted by over 5 million users to visually plan, schedule and measure performance across Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok. PLANOLY is beautifully crafted to be simple, clean and easy to use. PLANOLY believes firmly in inclusivity and is thrilled to pave the way for brands, businesses and individuals of all backgrounds to carry out their digital marketing strategies seamlessly.
PLANOLY is a brand within the Traject suite of tools. Traject is a market leader in marketing technology for brands, businesses, and digital agencies. We offer a comprehensive product suite that powers the marketing flywheel for SMBs and the agencies who serve them. With specialized products and data offerings to help businesses manage their online reputation, social media strategy, and SEO presence, Traject isn’t just a software company - we are a critical partner to our customers. Traject is backed by Alpine Investors, a People-First private equity company and made up of 8 brands (Sendible, PLANOLY, Loomly, Grade.us, GatherUp, Cyfe, Traject Data, and Authority Labs) with over 170 employees.
Learn more about Planoly at https://www.planoly.com and https://www.planoly.com/blog