Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
Monday, July 24, 2023
Remote, United States
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer to join our Engineering team and lead the creation of a best-in-the-market data platform. In this role you will drive the planning and development of data solutions and applications that power critical business decisions. You will be a cornerstone of our future success, driving innovation and a culture of data-driven decision-making.
Who you are:
- A hands-on technical lead who brings expertise, enthusiasm, and curiosity to the role.
- You are passionate about building data systems that can grow as the company grows.
- Continually learning and exploring the latest in tooling, design approaches, and optimizations in the data space.
- A willing and open-minded interlocutor on the critical decisions around technical solutions to hard problems.
- You embrace the opportunity to contribute to how the business can consume the data we make available to them.
- Excited about building data systems that meet the needs of a very ambitious business.
- You welcome working in a fast-paced environment.
- You can run with high-level objectives and slice them into executable iterations.
- You are fired up by the chance to solve challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to design data systems and write good code.
- A willingness to accept failure, learn, and iterate towards better solutions.
- You are a fun to work with, a willing mentor, and learner.
Requirements; What you Bring:
- An experienced data engineer with at least 5 years as a technical lead, and 10 years in total, working on building and extending complex data platforms
- A background of leading complex projects that you can explain clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated experience building and driving a data team roadmap with clearly defined and measurable KPIs
- Programming skills: Python, Java, or equivalent
- Very strong SQL writing and tuning skills
- Experience in data warehouse modeling, and master data management solutions.
- Experience building data pipelines with at least two industry standard tools (Spark, Hive, Airflow, Stitch, etc.)
- Experience with data pipeline observability strategies and implementations
- Experience building or maintaining Streaming Platforms with Kafka
- Keen understanding of how to apply modern software development practices (Agile, TDD, CICD) to data engineering effort.
- A sense of humor!
Nice to Have:
- Skills in implementing containerization solutions using Kubernetes, Docker, etc., including containerization observability
- Experience working with “Big Data as a Service” tools, like AWS’s EMR or Azure’s HDInsight Building and extending ML and Data Science platforms
- Experience integrating data flows with 3rd party BI platforms, like Domo, Tableau, Sisense, etc.
- Competitive Salary with a Bonus Structure
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- $160 - $200k
Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us. We’re flexible and committed to providing a healthy work environment where great people can thrive.