Jun 6, 2022
Bay Area, CA (Remote)
Chief Technology Officer
Our Cybersecurity platform is focussed on Intelligence Management. The platform operationalizes and integrates mission critical data across the enterprise security ecosystem of tools and teams to accelerate incident detection and response.
We're committed to creating a global community of defenders that can seamlessly fuse intelligence into security operations; regardless of technical, organizational or political barriers. Our mission is to build and deliver technology so teams of security professionals can better address repeatable intrusions. We believe that when security professionals can integrate intelligence data into every stage of their workflow, they can make better decisions faster.
As the CTO, you will lead our technical team and be responsible for the company’s technical vision, strategies, plans, processes and resources in the next stage of our growth journey.
Your Role and Responsibilities
● Oversee a global 40+ person team of software developers, data engineers, infrastructure engineers and data scientists.
● Directly manage senior managers and architects while coaching and mentoring various team members outside of direct reports
● Define and execute a plan to double the size of the team over the next 24 months
● Represent the company at board meetings, technology conferences and at executive level customer engagements as a member of the senior leadership team
● Lead the strategy, planning and execution of the technology roadmap
● Align technical plans and milestones with business outcomes and growth plans
● Track, analyze and report on technology performance metrics at the team, company and board level
Process & Methodology
● Review and optimize research and development processes to drive consistent and predictable delivery from an increasingly world class technical team.
● Lead estimating and capacity planning activities quarterly and report on process-related metrics
● Advance methodology innovation to ensure we have space to utilize new approaches for delivering software while still meeting company goals and timelines
● Partner closely with business and product leaders across functions to identify, prioritize and align the company’s goals
● Ensure a close partnership with the Product team to collectively bring high-quality software to our customers in accordance with requirements, quality standards and timelines
● Form a close partnership with Customer Success to help troubleshoot any technical roadblocks and assist with any technology-related client escalation.
● Work closely with our Marketing and Sales teams to influence expansion of our client base in line with technology decisions
● Minimum of 12 years of experience at various levels of leadership in software engineering, data engineering, data science, machine learning and/or cyber security disciplines
● Proven experience building and architecting web applications, services, and data pipelines with Java, Scala, Python, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, microservices, Elastic Search, Neo4J, Apache Spark, Kafka, Terraform, Databricks, and/or the AWS ecosystem.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare executive-level presentations for technical and non-technical audiences.
● Proven management track record for software engineers and data scientists in a fast-paced, high-growth and agile environment.
● Knowledge and passion for information security trends and leading practices.
● Experience building data-centric, API-led software platforms with an ecosystem of apps and integrations
● Experience leading technology, engineering or data science at enterprise SaaS cyber security company